Monday, March 31, 2008

Otago Peninsula

The Otago Peninsula is worthwhile to visit if you are in Dunedin. Before I continue, I was a bit confused whether to use peninsula or peninsular. I did check the dictionary; peninsula is a noun while peninsular is an adjective, very interesting fact indeed.

The Peninsula is about 50km from the city centre (correct me if I'm wrong). It was last easter break that I went there as a personal satisfactory obsession. I cycled all the way to the Peninsula which took me around 2 hrs of pleasuring pain. Here are some of the pictures that I took.



Reminds me of the seagull in 'Finding Nemo'


Glittering water of Otago Bay


Nice weather for picnic


A seal is right in the middle of the picture


Facing the City of Dunedin


This was where I stopped for a refreshing break







The sort of picture seen in Geography textbooks


Facing the Pacific Ocean




That is the tip of the Peninsula




The receipt for my lunch at the Peninsula


The salmon was very nice

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous shots you've got there.. amazing.. I have this someone who has the same kind of personal obsession as you do. lol. if the two of you should meet, i think you both will have A LOT in common. =)

p/s: salmon + me = me running away. hehhehe.

Zizane. said...

thanx for your comment bakulpink, :) and also i can see dat u dun like salmon, hehehhe..

Paris is burning! said...

Wow. These are so incredible...it looks alot like where I'm from in South Africa. WHere are you? I'm going to hazzard a wild guess and say New Zealand. If you get a chance to message me that would be great. I'd be really interested to see more...and I rock harder than anybody.

www.thestreetsareburning.blogspot.com

Zizane. said...

hello 'paris is burning'. thanx for your comment. A good guess u have made, yep all of the pictures are taken in Dunedin, New Zealand. :)