Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blood donation

I don't want to brag or something, but I do proud of myself for doing something noble today. I actually donated 470 ml of my blood. Supposedly, Aeda was to donate some as well. Prior to any blood donation, the amount of hemoglobin concentration is figured. Apparently, Aeda has 99 g/l of hemoglobin which is, the nurse has to say, very low. The nurse even had to redo the test and yet ending up with a low reading. By the way, normal concentration for women is around 120 - 150 g/l. And just for the record, mine is 144 and normal range for men is around 135 - 165 g/l.

I didn't bring my camera, and this is when my camera phone is handy. Aeda took all the pictures though.


Lining up to donate blood. I really wish I am paid for giving my blood.


The room for donation. A little bit daunting for some.


There he is, preparing the bags and needles.



The donators.

Aeda asked me to stick my tongue out :P


The nurse said that there are some who has sticky blood and might be due to eating too much glue.



This is my neighbour.


It took me about 10 min 53 seconds to fill the bag.


And the fastest and the slowest time are given prizes.


The 'fainters' were also being contested.


My blood group is O+ and I am one of the 38% of the population.


So I was given this key chain.


And this sticker too.


Even the soft toy.


The A+ key chain is Aeda's.


This is me about 3 years ago. My first time donating blood in New Zealand.

No comments: